Make Your Mark!
Summer 2015 - India
Congratulations to the selected Carnegie Mellon University students who are participating in the last year of our iSTEP internship:
- Maya Lassiter, Electrical and Computer Engineering Undergraduate Student
- Amal Nanavati, Computer Science Undergraduate Student
- Erik Pintar, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Human-Computer Interaction Undergraduate Student
- Minnar Xie, Art and Psychology and Human-Computer Interaction Undergraduate Student
What's new for iSTEP 2015?
- Summer 2015 is the last year iSTEP will be offered.
- iSTEP 2015 will be in Bangalore, India.
- iSTEP 2015 is partnering again with the Mathru Educational Trust for the Blind.
- iSTEP 2015 research projects will focus on assistive technology for students who are blind, deaf or hard-of-hearing, students with multiple disabilities, and their teachers. Projects will be sourced from the needs assessed by the iSTEP 2013 team at the Mathru Educational Trust for the Blind.
- We are hiring 1 interdisciplinary team of 4 CMU students. Graduate students, seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen are all welcome to apply. Students graduating in May 2015 are also welcome to apply.
- Participate in a mandatory 1-week Orientation and Training session. This session will be held during the first week of the 10-week internship.
Read Current iSTEP for more information on what's new for iSTEP 2015. This page will be periodically updated throughout the Fall 2014 semester.
Click here to view our iSTEP video and learn more about past students' experiences with this internship.
Learn more about iSTEP 2015!
- iSTEP 2015 Information Session
Monday, October 27, 2014 | 4:30 - 6:00pm | GHC 6501
- Monday, November 24, 2014 - Deadline for student applications (11:59PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time). No late applications will be accepted.
- Monday, November 24, 2014 - Deadline for completed recommendation forms (11:59PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time). No late forms will be accepted.
- Friday, December 5, 2014 - Email notification of semi-finalists selected for interviews and notification to applicants not selected as semi-finalists.
- Tuesday, December 9 - Friday, December 12, 2014 - Semi-finalist interviews. Please see our interview policy.
- Friday, December 19, 2014 - Notification of final selection of interns, waitlisted applicants, and applicants not selected.
- Sunday, December 28, 2014 - Deadline for finalists to confirm their acceptance of our internship offer (5:00PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time).
- Monday, January 5, 2015 - Deadline for waitlisted applicants to confirm their acceptance of our internship offer (5:00PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time).